Saturday, December 31, 2011


 A few months ago, a watch collector asked me to make a strap for the Panerai 382. The PAM382 is the first Panerai made with a bronze case, drawing it's inspiration from a nautical theme. Bronze was the metal of choice before the introduction of stainless steel. Typically it only oxidizes superficially; a layer is formed and the underlying metal is protected from further corrosion.    
 I have been asked to reproduce the strap and decided to make a special run of 8. 
 Since the first buckle was provided to me by the owner I had to find to find someone able to machine a bronze buckle. 
 I found a small custom machine shop. They specialize in manufacturing and repairs of boat shaft and propellers and are willing to take on the task to make a limited amount of buckles. 




The buckles should be ready in a couple weeks. 




No comments:

Post a Comment